24 March 2013

Welcome to HJD Translations!

Dear Visitor,

My name is Hernán Jara Droguett, and I’m an English to Spanish translator. I have been involved in the translation industry for the last 7-8 years, along with my teaching duties at Elgin Community College.

Over the past 5 years I have worked in different types of document translation (medical, technical, educational, financial, and others). As you can see on my resume I have both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Spanish translation, which, in addition to my experience, qualify me to handle a wide range of technical texts. Some of my time is spent editing and translating for Multilingual Connections, a Chicago-based firm. On a daily basis I work with legal documents (client-counsel correspondence), vital records, and internal correspondence for various companies in Chicago (Lou Malnati's Pizza, Lincoln Park Zoo, Vita Foods, etc.).

Something new that I have been involved in as of late, is the translation of short literary texts. Please visit my translation of Cheryl Moore's Unbound Boxes Limping Gods

When working with a professional translator you are guaranteed high quality and consistency. A translator is not simply someone who speaks another language, but rather a trained linguist who understands the culture and needs of your customers and employees. A professional translator is also highly skilled in the various aspects of translation; spelling, syntax, style, localization, etc.

Whether your goal is to take your products to Mexico/Latin America, or simply facilitate communication with your Spanish-speaking employees, I can help. I have translated documents for products to be exported and I have also translated documents for local and regional use.

Large translation projects are often complex and will require the various skills of an expert translator. These projects often involve editing, managing glossaries, frequent updates and revisions, establishing quality procedures, and follow-up changes. I am prepared to help you with all aspects of your translation project.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Hernán Jara Droguett
Spanish Translator
hjdroguett@gmail.com